Happy Birthday to Mike!

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

rtaunton

Happy Birthday to Mike!

Post by rtaunton »

Please help me to sing (internet wise) to Mike. I've already sang to you dear, so I will simply say.......Happy Birthday! Thank you for helping so many people Mike. You are one of those living angels.....
Renee'
Oregon
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Renee',
thank you for the Happy birthday wish!
I am rapidly approaching the 'old as dirt' stage at 59 years young!
next year might be a bit traumatic though :D

Take care,
Say Hi to Phil and the kids for me please,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Well my kids took me to dinner tonight for my birthday and we had allot of fun. the Big surprise is that they got me Tickets to see SANTANA for next weekend. what a dream come true for me as I have been a fan for more than 4 decades now.

Take care,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

Happy VERY Belated Birthday! Don't know how I missed it. So how was SANTANA? They are one of my absolute favorites. Watching Carlos Santana play is a very spiritual sort of experience. Very magical, indeed.

Mary
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Santana and his Band were just fantastic. the percussionists were just beyond belief too. I had watched concerts of his on PBS a few times over the years and he performed as well or better than anything I had seen on TV.

his son was the opening act. it was just terrible, out of tune and discordant and too loud.
a Rap, jazz and latin mess. we had bands in Middle school better than this.

Glad you are doing better and welcome back Mary. Your help here has been missed by me and probably allot of our readers and members.

Heal quickly my friend,
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

Mike-

The type of music you describe is known as raggaeton, and is popular with the young, urban Latinos and Latinas. I can actually appreciate some of it, tho I'd probably do better if my Spanish was better. I can get either fed or hurt real bad, but I couldn't really carry on a conversation, not without a lot of gesturing and sign language. We have a lot of Mexican Nationals who are here LEGALLY working on the brick-laying portion of the new Fire Station across the street from my house.

Day before yesterday, they were raising the Flag at the Fire dept- (the New one will be located right next door, and the old one will be a parking lot.) Anyway, I noticed it, so I stood up ( In Robin's egg blue bathrobe, pajamas, cigarette and all) and put my hand over my heart, as is proper custom. When the flag was raised, and tied up properly, I sat down. That is when I noticed four of the Mexican men across the street, with their hardhats over their hearts, standing just like I was. Everyone else went about their business, as if nothing were happening. I was touched by their show of respect, and gave them a little bow. They waved back. Whenever I go to pick up Chris from school, they are the ones who make sure my path is clear. And they often listen to Raggaeton music on boomboxes, so I hear a little of it now and then.
CAROL H

Post by CAROL H »

Ok, I know I am getting way off topic here, but I got a kick out of the Robin's egg blue bathrobe. Mine is the same color or was. It has faded through the years, probably over ten years old now. I actually purchased another (it was light blue, too) for a hospital stay several years ago. It was too bulky, the pockets were in front, I like side-set pockets, and I couldn't stand the thing. I asked hubby to bring old faithful on the next visit! The unwanted one and I parted ways at a yard sale last summer. Sorry to hear you are a smoker and I am ashamed to say that I can't seem to put them away either. I am less than a pack a day and trying to wean off. At least while I am still taking pred, they taste terrible and I put them out as soon as I light them.

Mike, I like Santana, old stuff and new. I really like most all music 40s through present, classical, jazz, blues, rock, some rap, skater rock, hip hop, even techno. Being from the south this it almost sacrilegious, but I can only tolerate small doses of country music, twang, progressive, or new stuff.

I just realized that I haven't enjoyed music in months at home or in the car. I am going to put this on my agenda for the week. Listen to music, sing with it to the top of my lungs, and dance cause I can now and I could not for the past few months!

Wishing Y'all a very wonderful week!
Carol
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

HI Carol,

Yes, I am a smoker. Wish I'd never even SEEN one, but now I'm a slave to them, unfortunately.

I sing all the time, am told that I can sing fairly well, tho as a kid, I was always told I sounded like a dying cow. Over the years, I have learned that I can't sing with women- I have more of a high tenor voice, so I sing best with men!

I love all kinds of music, but I just ADORE Bluegrass- Ralph Stanley and Billl Monroe are my heroes. But I will give any music or singer a chance. I also llike Billie Holiday, Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, and Linkin Park. And Bach and Tchaikovsky, and Vivaldi, too.

My blue robe was a gift from my Mother in Lawlast Yuletide. We headbutted when we first lived together, but we've come to truly respect and care for one another. I really like the family we've all become.

Mary