Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

sallyann14

Post by sallyann14 »

My name is Sally , I am based in the North West of England and until 14 months ago I had never heard of iritis/ uveitis. My experience started New Year’s Day 2017 when I woke up with a very red eye ( no prior warning) and over the next couple of days the pain got progressively worse, I called my GP and got an appointment and was told I had conjunctivitis which to be honest I knew myself it wasn’t. I was told to come back if no better in a couple of days. I went back no surprise there and another doctor had a look and gave me a letter and told me to go straight to the A&E and it was at the eye care centre I was told I had anterior uveitis, the episode lasted until April 2017 when I was discharged from the clinic and told there could be a possibility of a reoccurrence .Fast forward to December 2017 and that’s when the next flare up started and has continued ever since and it drags you down, I had to go as an emergency again at the beginning of this week as it had ramped up again. I have been on pred forte, Azarga, cyclopentolate and after today’s visit to the eye clinic I have been told by the consultant I have a cataract forming due to all the steroids drops. I have been referred to a rheumatologist due to family history so hoping to get some answers. After researching iritis I came across this forum and just thought any advice would be great from other sufferers.