Hi Everyone...I'm New!

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

wendydesigner

Hi Everyone...I'm New!

Post by wendydesigner »

Hi everyone...my name is Wendy and I have recurring Iritis for the past 20 years. I am HLA-B27 positive. I am having a difficult flare up right now.

I have always managed my flare ups with Pred Forte and Atropine. It always takes a few weeks of Pred Forte in the beginning at one drop an hour to bring this monster under control. I used to have trouble with rebound sometimes but I found a new doctor at Doheny Eye UCLA who suggested a slower tapering program that seems to work way better for me. I used to see Dr. Rao at USC. I saw him for years. He's a good doctor but to be honest I have never went with the doctors suggestions as I feel I know my own body and what I can/cannot tolerate. Both Dr. Rao and my new one...Dr. Olivia Lee agree that I've had the disease a long time and only I know what works for me and what doesn't. I don't have any eye damage from the steroids or Atropine.

I'm hoping to be able to become a part of this community to learn more about my disease and what works/doesn't work for my peers with Iritis. I tend to lean more towards as much holistic remedies as I can. Not from being stubborn mind you...but my system is extremely sensitive and not very tolerant of drugs without nasty side effects.

I hope I've found a place to truly feel comfortable and share.

Thank you for such an amazing forum!