Hello

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Clarity

Hello

Post by Clarity »

Hello,

I have had iritis off and on since last September. It has seemed to go away twice, but then after not much time it has come back. The first time it came back it was treated as just a continuation of my first iritis, and I went back on steroid drops. When it did finally resolve, I was off of drops for about three weeks and then developed iritis again. I had blood tests and all were negative except for the one for HLA-B27, which was positive. I have an appointment with a rheumatologist in about 10 days. I have always been in pretty good health and am 63 years old. I do not take any prescription medicines other than the drops for the iritis and do not have any sort of illness or chronic disease that I know of. However, over the past couple of years, I have had various aches and pains that I have chalked up to getting old. I have recently recovered from what I think was plantar fasciitis in my right foot. Before that, I had some sort of hip issue that felt like it was centered where my legs attach to my pelvis. It hurt mostly when I got up from sitting and in the morning. Off and on over the past few years, I have had pain in my hands and trigger finger in both of my ring fingers on waking up in the morning. I have that right now, and I have to pry my ring fingers up with my other hands in the morning. I have chalked that up to many years of typing and gardening and wear and tear on my hands. Of course, now I wonder about everything. So glad this forum is here!