Hello from Texas!

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

MizQue

Hello from Texas!

Post by MizQue »

I am on my 3rd case of iritis: first was May 2014, second was August 2015, and third was diagnosed last week. I experience a little vision loss during my iritis, but it is due to the steroid drops. It happens with oral steroids, as well. Luckily, the last 2 cases have been mild because I get to the eye doctor within a few hours of the pain. Only my first case was moderate because it took me 3 days to get to the doctor (the ER actually, since it was a Sunday).

I am HLA B27 + with possible (most likely) Psoriatic Arthritis. I am not currently taking immunosuppressants, but my rheumatologist said we are going to talk treatment when I see her in February.

It is difficult finding online support for iritis! Thankfully, I found this site back in August when I was looking for support.

MizQue