!2 Years of cells and flare

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

TripleT

!2 Years of cells and flare

Post by TripleT »

I was diagnosed 12 years ago with Iritis by my Ophthalmologist. I had just returned from Florida and my wife noticed that my eye were red and the next morning they were purple / red. My doctor diagnosed my with iritis in both eyes and was started on Pred Forte asap. We found out right away that I am a steroid responder and my pressures jumped really high. I have since been traveling to Boston to work with Dr. JP Dunn at Wilmer Eye Institute. My main treatment has been oral prednisone for the last 12 years ranging from 60 to 10 mg daily. I am almost positive that I have tried every drop on the market, also I have tried Methotrexate and Cellcept with no success. I am currently in the Alcon LME636-2201 study and I am having fantastic results. Unfortunately I only have a week left on the study drug and am scared to death on what happens now.