The "gist"

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

kazzierussell

The "gist"

Post by kazzierussell »

Greetings,
I am a middle-aged female who went from seeing clearly to waking up as a one-eyed pirate. My initial thought was early pink-eye or slight stoke or something to that affect; I immediately scheduled an appointment with my primary care, who admitted - after a barrage of questions, that she did not think it was pink-eye and to seek further treatment from my Opto dtr. I got an appointment the next day, and within 3 minutes, I was diagnosed. I absolutely love Dr. Berkow at the Krieger Eye Institute in Baltimore. So, I asked him about this ailment, he explained briefly and here I am. Thank you Mike, for this insight and thoughtfulness with deriving this website.

Peace and Blessings,
Mike Bartolatz

Re: The "gist"

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

you are most welcome. post any questions you may have in our other forums and I will do my best to answer them. the main thing to know is at your 'age' hormones can impact the inflammatory state within your body. be vigilant and report any aches, pains, rashes, GI or other systemic problems to your doctors. Headaches too. if you have family members with a history of inflammatory disease or autoimmune disease, arthritis, CNS problems etc have them taken into consideration by your doctors as if an underlying cause can be found, it can help to determine which medications will work for it AND your eyes.

wishing you the very best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz