scared

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

laltoo

scared

Post by laltoo »

just diagnosed a few weeks ago.....after misdiagnosis by the first doc.

have had the following cond.itions some years now...

collagen disorder ...brittle bones...heart valve probs..retinal degeneration...elevated eye pressures..but not glaucoma.

i think the colagen disorder may have contributed to the iritis...

we are still at an early stage.....but given all else that is wrong..i am scared of going blind.

i hope that i can get some advice from you guys...

lastly...i live outside the usa...so my treatment options may be limited.

thanks in advance for your help.

peter
Mike Bartolatz

Re: scared

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Peter, where do you live?
there are highly specialized opthalmologists around the world that you can see. I can suggest the best ones to you as I've been doing online support for over 10 years now.
collagen vascular disease can be linked to uveitis as can about 85 other things. and as you realize, the eye is made up primarily of collagen. some have vascular disease and connective tissue disease going on. an ocular immunologist might be able to help you figure this out and then to employ a corticosteroid sparing approach to treatment. steroids CAUSE glaucoma and cataracts to form in some individuals. so does Uveitis: iritis is anterior uveitis.

I'll help you through this as with MODERN treatment from the RIGHT opthalmologist you shouldn't worry about going blind from this with drugs available today.

please join us in our general discussion forum. I'll do my best to provide you with information. know that you are NOT ALONE!
Wishing you the very best,
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz