New (:

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

mimi92

New (:

Post by mimi92 »

HI, my names Mimi, Im a sophomore in college. I was diagnosed with iritis today and I've never heard of it before so I knew very little about what's going on with my eye. I did a bit of research today and I see that my condition is not too severe however this is all very strange to me. I'm not sure...should I be freaking out..or if I keep treating it properly is it not that big a deal? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Mike Bartolatz

Re: New (:

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Welcome to the group!
please follow the opthalmologists instructions to the letter. it might be that you will only have one bout of iritis but it is very important to slowly taper off of the medications, not quit cold turkey. it is also important to shake the corticosteroid eyedrop as indicated on the bottle, not just a shake or two as the steroid has to be properly suspended in order to get the right amount on the surface of your eye. the dilating drop is also important to help prevent the iris from sticking to the lens in a closed position so take it as indicated even though these meds can make your vision blurry. once you stop taking them, it can take a week or so to get them out of your system. get a pair of polarized wrap around sunglasses to help with glare even while inside and on the computer.

please join us in our General discussion forum. ask questions as you develop them. we are here to help if we can.

Wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz