First Time Iritis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Pateye

First Time Iritis

Post by Pateye »

Hello everyone,

I had iritis in both eyes and had high IOP so i was put on lotemax 4 times a day. It was minor case only a couple of cells.
I was not put on dilating drops and my symptoms were red eyes, eye pain, sensitivity to light and blurry vision.
Otherwise I am healthy with no medical history.

I went to the Opthamologist today and he said that activity was quiet and told me to taper down ny drops.

However my eyes are still red and i still have pain associated with sensitvity to light. Will this ever go away my doctor would not answer my questions.

Patrick
Mike Bartolatz

Re: First Time Iritis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Welcome to the group!

with proper treatment is should go away. it may return however or be chronic for some time and it is impossible to say what the future holds for you.
the elevated pressure and the constant red eye are of concern however. if at all possible you should ask about a corticosteroid sparing approach to treatment. I assume that pathogens, viruses etc have been ruled out as a cause. Is the red eye from uveitis or is it conjunctivitis, episcleritis or scleritis present? you could also be allergic to the preservative in the Lotemax too which could cause a red eye.

usually eye pain is from the inflammatory cells sticking the iris to the lens. optic neuritis is another potential cause and if it is behind the eye or on the white part of the eye, it could be scleritis causing an extremely bloody looking eye.

the next question to ask is: do forms of arthritis, skin rashes, autoimmune disease, GI problems appear in your immediate family members?

wishing you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz