Hi I am New

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Rustyfj

Hi I am New

Post by Rustyfj »

Hope doing this right,

Have been a suffer of Iritis for over 20years and have it again I am 57 years old live in Tasmanian Australia ,it is a thing I live with ,it is not greeat thing to have but I put up with ,all the Visits to the Eye Clinic , and not being able to drive whit I have it I have a bout of it right now so for give me if this has mistakes,thye can not find the cause of it.
Russell

Had all the test under the sun done to me vision in left eye gets worse every time I get this ,have been told not to drive this time ,need a lesson on how to post I think, sounds the same weather you live in the US or Australia treatment sounds the same have 2 lots of drops and a cream for night time make vision blurry and morning time is worse
Russell
Last edited by Rustyfj on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Hi I am New

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

hi Russell and welcome to the group.
did they test you for the most common cause, HLA B27? this is a form of autoimmune related uveitis. iritis is also known as anterior uveitis. have you developed any cataracts or glaucoma, cystoid macular edema or other changes inside the eye from having it for so long as well as from only using steroids to treat it?
Please join us in our Discussion forum by clicking on BOARD INDEX at the top left corner of this page to be redirected to our various forums. Ask any questions you may develop and I'll do my best to provide you with information. Nothing is too trivial to ask bye the way. I am an old guy too at 62 with over 40 years with uveitis and related eye disease and systemic crap too.

don't worry about spelling, I miss spell things too. thank God for Spell check but I forget to do that.

Take care,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz