Anterior Uveitis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

jtanen2

Anterior Uveitis

Post by jtanen2 »

My name is Joel, 54 years old. 10 days ago I developed for the first time Anterior Uneitis. My doctor treated me with Durozol every hour while awake and within 5 days I went from a 4+ to a 1+. The doctor does not know what caused the uveitis but has ordered blood work. I was taking Xalatan for pressure the we switched to Cosopt (generic) and within 24 hours the Uveitis was full blown. My doctor insist the cause is not the Cosopt but I tend to differ.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Anterior Uveitis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Joel,
is the iritis in one eye only? if so, do you have a history of herpes simplex infections? this type of uveitis can produce glaucoma and allot of adhesion between the iris and the lens. are you on a dilating drop?
you can't respond to me questions here but you can in any other forum at this site. most responses are in the General Discussion forum. click on BOARD INDEX at the top left side of this screen and you will be redirected to our list of forums.

have you been tested for the HLA B27 gene often related to iritis. do you have any low back pain or arthritis? any skin rashes or Gastro intestinal problems? swelling of your index fingers (often seen in Psoriatic arthritis)?

did you ever have a case of 'pink eye' that might actually have been iritis mis diagnosed by your family physician?

wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz