Iritis quiet from Mobic

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

SanDiegoIritis

Iritis quiet from Mobic

Post by SanDiegoIritis »

Hi MIke (and fellow Iritis friends),

I just wanted to check in after months of not being on the site, for a happy reason! My Iritis is quiet now. I've been on Mobic (15 mg) daily and it's doing the trick (prescribed by Rheumatologist). I still have a lot of neck pain and I'm going back to my regular doctor in 2 weeks for Spondylitis workup. I think I have it, but I'm 51 and it's "slow" progressing so they haven't seriously looked for it. I have to admit I didn't push it because I thought I was lucky not to have it, but the progression of neck pain and stiffness, and moving into the shoulders and collar bone area have me concerned. Also they took lumbar xrays and saw "compression fractures" and thought it was from Osteoporosis. The next year they look the same, only "uniform" and some strange edges to the vertebrae. Well, from what I've read this is what AS looks like. It's amazing to me how radiologists and general docs aren't very familiar with it. I'm having to steer them a little, and now that I'm willing to know even bad news, I will persevere. I will check back in next month or so with update. But, best news is that the Iritis (the Beast) responded to a fairly light touch (Mobic) drug. Rheumatologist was very happy.

Judy
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Iritis quiet from Mobic

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Judy,
I'm glad the 'beast' is in remission at this time but I am also saddened by the news that the arthritis is worsening for you.
Make sure they examin your finger and toe nails for changes that might implicate the cause as Psoriatic Arthritis.
the thing about HLA B27 disease is that there can be mulitple things going on with GI and arthritic changes at the same time making a diagnosis complicated. are any of your toenails darkened or detaching? Index finger swelling with arthritis?
one doesn't have to have a 'rash' to have psoriatic arthritis. AS can start in the neck or shoulders before progressing to the lower lumbar spine in some individuals too. it takes on the 'bamboo' like shape over time.

wish you some relief from the arthritis as it can be debilitating to say the least.

Happy New Year too!
mike
Mike Bartolatz