Psoriasis

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Sheila

Psoriasis

Post by Sheila »

Hello All,

I'm reconsidering perhaps having Psoriasis, even though blood tests supposedly said no. I read a post about it causing "sausage digit", which I got really bad for the first time in 2001. Finally was told to go to dermatologist -- was told it was eczema. Cream worked. It recurs two or three times a year from then on. Hasn't come back since starting NSAIDs. I think all this is related.

Sheila
kat341

Sheila

Post by kat341 »

Hi Sheila,

From what I was told You can have Iritis with only lite scalp Psoriasis. You don't have to have the arthritis part in order for it to cause Iritis. This is what has caused my Iritis. There is NO specific blood test for Psoriatic arthritis, The only thing that is typically elevated is the ESR or the CPR and these only show Inflammation. Not all patents with Psoriatic Arthritis are pos for the HLB27 gene blood test.

Hope this helps
Last edited by kat341 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Hi Kathy -- Thanks for the reply! I've tried patching together your story from the sites, but dopn't have a clear picture ("clear" -- haha -- joke! 8) ). I gather you've had iritis about one year and are already on immunomodulation. Do you have your full "story" posted somewhere? I'd like to get testing for some of the elevations you mentioned, but it's all Greek to me. Granmted, I need to do more research on Psoriasis.

Thanks!
Sheila
kat341

Sheila

Post by kat341 »

Sheila,

My case is a bit complicated because of my past history with autoimmune disease and my current pos blood work. I would not normally be on immunosuppressant meds if it were not for all of these factors. I am testing very high pos for RA and some other antibodies, this coupled with my mild scalp psoriasis leaves me at a high risk for future eye trouble and the possibility of developing RA. So I opted for proactive treatment that was offered to me from my Dr.

Kathy
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Ahhh. Sorry about that!

I went to see a rheumotologist; he said I don't have RA.

Best wishes with your healthcare!
Sheila
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Do you have the HLA B27 gene that can be related to psoriatic arthritis as well as the GI problems of ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease?

I just cannot remember Sheila what you have been tested for. Old age is setting in and all of the members start blurring together.

Wish you some relief,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz