Just Wondering?

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

rooster0876

Just Wondering?

Post by rooster0876 »

It seems when i get a flare up with uveitis that my body seems to get ran down, like not having much energy and feeling sluggish. i was just wondering if anyone else feels the same or if its just random that i do. and why that happens? I'd also like to thank mike for writing back so quickly and with some good info. thanks again. JJ
CindyL

Post by CindyL »

Hi,

That did happen to me. Not sure what the cause is of your Iritis but mine was an overactive auto immune system (which I didn't know I had before I went to se Dr. Foster in Cambridge, MA). Before I started treatment with Dr. Foster I would feel so tired and run down at times but this has happened ever since I can remember so I din't think about a connection. Since I started celebrex to keep any inflamtions down so that my auto immune system wouldn't "attack" I feel great and have not had the run down feeling at all. Not sure if there is a connection but definately know about that run down feeling. If you would like to read "my story" I'm 4th go round with Iritis. Good luck. Hope it all turns out well for you.

Cindy
Cindy L
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

People with uveitis as well as other autoimmune disease do have the exhausted all the time feeling as the body is trying to fight off a perceived pathogen and this over drive mode exhausts you. this can also be a symptom of other conditions so you really need to have your doctors do tests to make sure that it isn't related to thyroid problems, vitamin D deficiency, vitamin B12 levels or other conditions related to your blood or endocrine system for example.
I wish I could say it was just related to your uveitis but I'm not a doctor and only a doctor willing to look into this for you can tell you why you feel so exhausted.

wishing you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
kingfisher610

Was my first sign as well

Post by kingfisher610 »

Just before I was first diagnosed with Iirits, I had a bout of extreeme exhaustion which I thought was a flu. It passed once the Iritis was under control as well.

Steve
just want my life back
Rugby

Re: Was my first sign as well

Post by Rugby »

kingfisher610 wrote:Just before I was first diagnosed with Iirits, I had a bout of extreeme exhaustion which I thought was a flu. It passed once the Iritis was under control as well.

Steve
my blood tests showed I was dehydrated, which I agree I probably was drinking minimal amounts of fluid during the day. I surely wasn't myself November and December, and then my iritis flared in Mid Dec
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

you mention that you play soccer in another post. make sure you drink lots of water along with electrolites to keep your body working properly. you can screw up major organs getting dehydrated including the eyes.

Good luck with your upcoming soccer season,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz