Pred Forte

Addtional information on drugs and medications.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

teresa9551

Pred Forte

Post by teresa9551 »

I have read several statements on different sites about "long term" use of this drug being bad for your eyes; can cause glacoma etc. but no one seems to define "long term". Any opinion on what's defined as "long term" ??
Teresa
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

this is subjective in that some people develop cataracts and glaucoma right away with corticosteroid use. others take months or years to end up with these side effects. the sooner one can eliminate coritcosteroids the better: but, they may be required in the future to quell a new bout of uveitis or related systemic autoimmune disease process. we use the term 'steroid sparing treatment' because of this. if one has recurrent uveitis or has chronic uveitis then we hope that a plan can be developed for the individual that will accomplish the goal of off all steroid without inflammation using chemotherapeutic immunomodulatory drugs. there is a link to the GLOSSARY of medical terms that you can use at http://www.uveitis.org read there about these terms for a better understanding of this.

wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
teresa9551

Thank you!

Post by teresa9551 »

You're so helpful, Mike! I greatly appreciate all your help; advice and leads for additional information. This site truly is a god-send for me!

Take care!
Teresa
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Glad you have found this site helpful! hopefully the information will help you to prevent the consequences of uveitis that is recurrent or chronic. an additional goal of this site is to help you know that you are NOT ALONE with this and that others truly care about your care.

Wish you the very best,
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz