Omega 3, Fish OIl and Flaxseed Oil

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

asking

Omega 3, Fish OIl and Flaxseed Oil

Post by asking »

There is a lot of talk about Omega 3 fish and/or flaxseed oil to be taken to reduce inflammation and dry eyes. I am very confused as to what is the appropriate dosage. Any advice?
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Get Ocuvite, take it at the recommened dose on the bottle. the fish oil and the flaxseed oil do help with dry eyes. take them according to the bottle suggested amounts.
I don't know how one could over dose on fish oil as it would make me regurgitate long before that amount could be taken. I actually cannot take the Fish Oil supplements. they make my stomach very upset. they smell like rancid herring to me. I have fished all my life using herring and herring oil as attractants for Salmon and other Salt Water Fish. for some reason I can't eat Salmon any longer as it too makes me ill. probably something going on in that void between my ears causing this.

Take care and I hope the oils help you with the dry eyes.

wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
pinkpatty1

Re: Omega 3, Fish OIl and Flaxseed Oil

Post by pinkpatty1 »

My Dr. had me start taking flax seed oil and fish oil, I tried the fish oil, not my thing. I did continue on the flax seed oil and have taken 3 1000 capsules daily. It works for me. No more dry eye. I have been doctoring with iritis and dry eye since cataract surgery last June. Just got off Steroids last month. Have gone from using artificial tears 8 to 10 times daily to maybe twice per week.