Persistent symptoms

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

cintidoc

Persistent symptoms

Post by cintidoc »

Hello
I am dealing with my first episode of Uveitis and I have been symptomatic for almost 5 - 6 weeks. I started on a Pred Forte 4 weeks ago and have slowly tapered. I also needed to use Timolol due to increased IOP. Now my eye doctor tells me that the Iritis has resolved and I am down to once a day Pred Forte. However, I still have blurry vision and eye discomfort in both eyes. Most other tests have all been negative including a full eye exam.

Has anyone else had a similar course?. I am very worried. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Prasad
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Persistent symptoms

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Welcome to the group!

it can take several weeks for the medications to get out of your system and the blur of vision to resolve. this is especially true when one is on dilating drops. why did you develop elevated pressure? is the uveitis in only one eye? was there a lot of synechia present in your eye? is there adhesion between the iris and the lens? can your eye respond to light or is the iris stuck to the lens?

is it the steroid causing the elevated pressure inside your eyes?

if the blur is still present in a couple of weeks, you need to find out why this is present.

I hope this helps to calm you,

wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz