Can Iritis come and go through out the day?

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

junebug101

Can Iritis come and go through out the day?

Post by junebug101 »

This may be an odd question, but I am wondering if it is possible for Iritis to act up in the evenings, cause some redness around the iris, but in the morning to look clear? I was diagnosed with Iritis about four weeks ago, took steroid drops 4x a day and dialator 1x a day for a week, then went down to steroids 2x a day and dialator for 4 days, then steroids 2x a day no dialtor for 4 days. When I went in for my last appointment I had been off all meds for 3 days and dr said my eyes were quiet. However since then my affected eye has not felt quite right, see floaters when I never have before, gets tired easily, and seems to get red most evenings around the iris. My next appointment was not scheduled for another 2 months, and I just don't know if it seems possible that I still could be having a flare? I am HLA-B27 positive and ANA positive, have not met with a rheumatologist yet. Thanks for any insight!
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Can Iritis come and go through out the day?

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

it is possible for the uveitis to return shortly after stopping the steroid eyedrops. an increase of floaters is often a symptom of renewed inflammation so call your ophthalmologist and get in right away so treatment can begin again.
what specific antibodies are you positive for with your positive ANA? have you been tested for lupus, sarcoidosis etc?
do you have arthritis or Gi problems, or skin rashes present?

you require a 'to be seen as needed' comment in your file so that you can get an expedited appointment as there is nothing 'routine' with iritis. it is imperative to get seen soon.

Wish you the very best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz