hello

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

snath

hello

Post by snath »

I was diagnosed with iritis in may 2008 during the birth of my third child....the doctors mistook it for some infection and treated it..but there was no relief ..I had to run around the ER s with my 2 day baby..it was so traumatic ..they said I cannot feed my baby becoz it is contagious ..finally thank god they identified and put me on steroids..and it came down...since then I had several attacks..I'm HLAB27 positive..my father has it...came across this site while searching for the possible connection between pregnancy and iritis bcoz I had my other two children normally so why at the third ..hope this website helps me find the answers and also know more about the disease and others who share it with me...
Mike Bartolatz

Re: hello

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Welcome to the group!
usually HLA B27 related uveitis is triggered by a gut pathogen so you may have mistaken some GI distress at some point in your live and then had what was diagnosed at 'pink eye' mistakenly and then the stress of the child birth caused a bout of iritis to happen. just a theory and difficult to prove. you dad also having a history of iritis is interesting as well. did he develop ankylosing spondylitis, psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis (reiters'sydrome, Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis?
these things are linked to the HLA b27 gene as well as uveitis.

join us in the General discussion forum, asking any questions you may have. Nothing is too trivial to ask and you are NOT ALONE!

wishing you quiet eyes,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz