Introducing myself

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

tofu

Introducing myself

Post by tofu »

Hello. I just registered.

I have been treated for iris inflammation for the past three weeks. It has been SO FRUSTRATING. I haven't had time to read your posts and to tell you the truth, I'm trying not to read.

Anyway, my fourth doctor visit is this Monday. I'm on PRED FORTE four times a day. He thought it was getting better but when he weaned me slowly off the PRED to two drops a day, it got worse. Now, I'm on four a day until Monday.

This thing HURTS like mad at times. Are there any other things I can do?

tofu
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Introducing myself

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

yes, use a pair of wrap around polarized sunglasses inside and out. I use brown tinted ones while on the computer. if you wear glasses, they make sunglasses that will fit snuggly to your face OVER your sunglasses and can be purchased at any drug store here in the USA. they are kinda ugly but the WORK to help with the photophobia, aversion to light that you are experiencing.
make sure you shake the bottle of predforte for about a minute, not a couple of shakes to get the stuff mixed properly, then put in a drop and with the eye closed and the head tilted back, press in over the inside corner of the eye to keep the eyedrop from going down the drain and into your sinuses and then into your throat causing the terrible aftertaste of corticosteroid solutions.
is the inflammation in one eye only? do you have a history of cold sores? has the pressure gone up inside your eye?

please click on BOARD INDEX on the top left side of this page to be redirected to our various forums where you can post a question or join in an existing one.

wishing you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz