Deborah Welcome to the group

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

Deborah Welcome to the group

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Username:deborah Groups:Registered users Full Name:Deborah ReillyWhat is the sum?:7Eye Symptoms:I have been having bouts of Iritis for 38 years, mostly in the left eye. I had cataracts in both eyes, with the left one worse. I had cataract surgery 4 months ago in the left eye and now I have floaters and flashes that are worse than ever. Not too eager to have my right eye done. Add friend

Deborah, Welcome to the group!
boy you have had uveitis going on for almost as long as I have.
cataracts result from uveitis as well as from the steroids used to treat acute bouts along with dilating drops.
often uveitis returns after cataract surgery as surgery is trauma to the eye which can cause uveitis.
a new topical corticosteroid called Durezol helps prevent this by pretreatment with it and post surgery for about 2 weeks.
sometimes steroid injection to tissue surrounding the eye is required to calm down inflammation or a course of oral steroids.
with your long history of uveitis, have you been tested for common causes such as the HLA B27 gene? do you have any systemic condition related to uveitis? has anyone suggested a steroid sparing approach to treatment?

please ask any questions that may develop. we are here to help you though this. we do undestand and you are not alone.

wishing you the very best,
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz