FDA WARNING ABOUT TNF a blocking drugs

Issues concerning developments in care of Ocular Inflammatory Disease and other noteworthy Items are contained in this forum.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

FDA WARNING ABOUT TNF a blocking drugs

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://www.docguide.com/news/content.ns ... 9&count=10

FDA WARNING, CANCER RISK INCREASED AND PSORIASIS A SIDE EFFECT OF TNF A BLOCKING DRUGS.
THIS MEANS REMICADE, HUMIRA ETC HAVE THESES AS INCREASED RISK

mike
Mike Bartolatz
Chapps

Re: FDA WARNING ABOUT TNF a blocking drugs

Post by Chapps »

Even with a cancer warning (and that doesn't mean that it *will* cause cancer), I'd take Remicade without hesitation. That's just me. I had reached the end of my rope with chronic iritis, ankylosing spondilitis and psoriatic arthritis. I was in constant pain, half blind and extremely fatigued. The Remicade has lessened most of the symptoms by quite a bit, some dramatically (the iritis).

Honestly, if they came out with a drug tomorrow that they said would cure all of these auto-immune related issues, but would shorten your life significantly - I'd take it. What can I say? I'm all about the quality of my life, not the longevity.
TammyT

Re: FDA WARNING ABOUT TNF a blocking drugs

Post by TammyT »

It's sometimes scary to read the side effects and warnings on prescription drugs. I usually try to weigh the benefit and the risks and if the benefit far outweighs the risks, I'll usually take the medicine. I also check the price since I have a HSA. There are some that I've been wary of taking because of the risks.