Assistance in Bali

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

bubblyaus

Assistance in Bali

Post by bubblyaus »

Hey everyone,

Have what I believe to be my Iritis returning after 15 months of it away.

Anyone had a situation in Bali before and know a good hospital/clinic?

I am currently on the Gili Islands and coming back to Bali by ferry as fast as I can to obtain assistance. My current plan is to go to Siloam Hospital that appears to have 24/7 emergency for eyes.

I have heard Mandara Eye Clinic is very good but will have to wait another day to see them as they are only open for 5 hours in the morning and my ferry doesn’t make it in time.

Hoping my travel insurance will cover it seeing as it’s been 15 months but they love a technicality hey and seems existing conditions can go up to 2 years in time...
bubblyaus

Re: Assistance in Bali

Post by bubblyaus »

So just in case anyone else comes to Bali and has a problem here is how it all went...

Went to Siloam Hospital Kuta. Go to Level 3 for an ophthalmologist where you will need to register etc. I waited about 30 minutes to be seen.

Once seen was given a script for drugs. Paid for the consult and the medical report which totalled to 1.2 million IDR which to me is very little, great price.

The pharmacy at the hospital didn’t have the drugs so had to go to Apotek Kimia Farma Diponegoro in Denpasar which took about 20/30 minutes waiting there for the script to be filled. The drugs cost me 127496IDR... again so little.

Now to take my drops and treat my eye! Not looking forward to dealing with the hospital when I get home haha.