Iritis cells thru pinhole

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Samuraiilife

Iritis cells thru pinhole

Post by Samuraiilife »

Hey got a question about iritis cells,

I was advised to look for them thru the pinhole, and I did and seen some circular looking objects in small clusters. Should I start applying the Pred forte drops once an hour ? No other symptoms besides that tho, and I’m on my last week of oral prednisone 10 mg. Thanks for your help .
vancouver

Re: Iritis cells thru pinhole

Post by vancouver »

Pinhole likely not work. You only see the cells in the vitreous. They don't go up too much early in attack. They go crazy later in iritis attack. Some iritis attacks may not produce any cells in vitreous
Last edited by vancouver on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

I don't
Last edited by vancouver on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuraiilife

Post by Samuraiilife »

ok thanks for replying. I have no scarring. but yea they look like little circles, not clumped together tho. Yea I do notice my vision getting more blurred in that eye also. I think I should contact my ophthalmologist to see what treatment they want to me do, if any. I hope this goes away on its own. Do you think stress can cause it to continue to flare up?
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

Dtr
Last edited by vancouver on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Samuraiilife

Post by Samuraiilife »

ok yeah Im still learning but this is great information so I know how to avoid a nasty flare and posterior synachaie. I do notice more cells in my iritis eye than my other eye, so this could be cuz I'm tapering off the oral prednisone too soon? they had me on 30 mg last week and cut me down to 10 this week cuz I had no inflammation when I was checked on Monday. Can it flare up again that quickly? I get so nervous. thanks again for talking with me ,
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

Del
Last edited by vancouver on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samuraiilife

Post by Samuraiilife »

thanks Vancouver, just got emailed from my opthalmologist. they want me to up my pred forte to 8 times a day today, and decrease the oral prednisone. It seems they want me to be off that more than anything else. is this usually your regimen during flare ups?
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

Del
Last edited by vancouver on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samuraiilife

Post by Samuraiilife »

got ya. yeah this is my first bout of it so its all experimental for me and my doc at this point. but uping the predfore to every 3 hours seems to be helping my vision less blurred so that's good. If I can avoid the oral steroids the better. but that's good to know tapering is very important, and not to try to rush off of the treatment. so tapering allows the body to remember how to produce natural steroid?
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

Del
Last edited by vancouver on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samuraiilife

Post by Samuraiilife »

Oh okay I understand. Yeah it must be residual. Strange tho because yesterday my vision seemed better. Could be overthinking. I need to let it alone and just stick to med Regimine and then re evaluate in a day or so. When you have flare ups, how do you normally monitor it ? Thanks again for helping me out man .
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

Del