Newbie needs help iritis / droopy eyelid / high iop

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Hlab27positive

Newbie needs help iritis / droopy eyelid / high iop

Post by Hlab27positive »

Hello everyone,

I posted already in the introduction area, but I would like for people to be able to post, not only moderators. If this is not appropriate, please mod advise.

I'm new to the site, obviously. I joined in search of some support and help. I am 27 years old, HLAB27 positive and last year July2017 I got iritis for the first time.

I was treated with Durezol first every 2h for 2 days and then 4 times and ay for about 2 or 3 weeks. After that I was given a steroid shot to the eye. The Iritis is in remission but the shot left me with a droopy eyelid and high intraocular pressure (glaucoma).

My ophthalmologist has been saying for months now that both will go away overtime. I am now getting a little frustrated as I've been using Combigan on and off for 4 months (more on than off).

I would like to know other people's experience with Iritis, if they got high iop, a droopy eyelid and how to cure it and if you have any doctors recommendation in the central Texas area... I live in Austin and I think it may be time to seek another doctor or at least a second opinion.

I guess if it came down to having glaucoma, I could live using drops. But I really would like to find a trustworthy glaucoma doctor... and something to fix my droopy eyelid. It's really becoming a huge self steem issue. The whole thing is making me depressed. :/ thanks!
vancouver

Re: Newbie needs help iritis / droopy eyelid / high iop

Post by vancouver »

How high is your iop?