Detecting iritis with coffee

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

vancouver

Detecting iritis with coffee

Post by vancouver »

Or ruling it out. I sometimes have a spot of red that persists. I just drink a lot of coffee and go for walk. Eye clears up pretty fast. With iritis the red spot is stable. Even
With steroids the iritis red only disappears over hours or days. (if caught early red can disappear fast, you can get to zero cells fast)
IPeople with mild iritis will have different experience. I have stubborn iritis. With mild iritis, it is less important to catch in early stages. Obviously, you want to see a doc with slit lamp experience. Slit lamp is only way to know if you have cells in anterior chamber etc. I'm talking about being caught without a doctor and you know steroids are safe for you from past experience. Given that steroids cause cataracts, you need docs permission to take steroids.
Last edited by vancouver on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancouver

Re: Detecting iritis with coffee

Post by vancouver »

Correction, recently had an attack. Both the red and the blurry vision waxed and waned depending on how alert I was. Gradually, the red and blurry stabilized. This time red first appeared on opposite side of eye and was much more red right from start. My vision is not correctable with glasses, yet pushing in my eye ball gained me two lines on eye chart when I was about 20/80 from cells in my eye.

Saw a small cloud of dust and neat cluster of cells early.
Quite quickly my vision field had tons of dust with round cells distributed throughout. (+2). Optometrist mistakenly told me I was quiet. The floaters are larger than cells.
Saw a new dark floater.