Mom, wife, work full time...the whole 9 yards
Around 11/15 I started having what I thought was sinus pain. By the 18th I realized the pain was actually in my eye. Went to my regular eye doc on the 19th who said it was probably iritis but wanted me to see an opthamologist. The opthamologist diagnosed me on the 20th. Literally an hour after seeing him, it started up in the other eye. On the 18th, also started having horrible, multiple bouts of diarrhea (10-20 times a day, with stomach cramping). By the 23rd I couldn't stand it and was admitted to the hospital. A CAT scan indicated possible ulcerative colitis.
Nine days ago the doc gave me injections to help my vision improve. The next day my vision started to improve, but I still had a cloud over it, like looking through skim milk. By Saturday, I was back to normal, clear vision and was SO happy! But...the next day when I was outdoors it looked like there was pepper on everything I saw. By Monday, my vision started to blur again. I saw the Doc again today. Now there is inflammation in the back of my eyes. He prescribed oral steroids. 20mg 3/day. Last Friday I had a colonoscopy but still need a blood work up for an actual diagnosis.
I'm tired, I'm frustrated, and I have so many questions that I don't even know where to begin. Luckily, my stomach hasn't been giving me trouble, so I guess that's the silver lining. Here are a few questions:
1. Why do things now look like there is pepper in my eyes, what is that?
2. Is the inflammation in the back of my eyes still iritis or something else?
3. If the oral steroids don't help, what is the next step?
4. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?
5. If anyone else specifically has UC, please let me know. I have a lot of questions about that as well.
6. Will my vision most likely come back to normal?
7. I only had pain for a few days, as the prednisolone started working quickly. If I ever have the iritis flare up again, will that God awful pain most likely be the first symptom again?
Thank you SO much for your time, I appreciate any feedback