Thyroid disease and Uveitis

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

kingfisher610

Thyroid disease and Uveitis

Post by kingfisher610 »

HI everyone

Since my uveitis appeared bilatterally on two occasioins, the doctors involved are concerned there may be an underlying disease process. To date they cannot find any and all the usual tests yield nothing. Good ANA, clean chest xrays and negative HLAB2. However in talking with my mother it seems that there is a long history of Thryoid disease in my family on my mothers side. My Grandfather has it, My Aunt and my mother. My eyes have been pretty good for the most part lately, but I have felt tired and achy all over. Could be depression, or the cold but this would explain many of my symtoms and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Iritis linked to Thryroid issues. Sadly, my other concern is MS, seems like the symptoms that I am having may well be lilnked to it as well. Though Thyroid condition seems serious, it would seem less so then the ms and more treatable. Plus, the strong family connection, makes it more likely.

Thanks for your help

Steve
just want my life back
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

hyper thyroidism can be related to uveitis, hypothyroidism which is the most common is linked to many of the connective tissue disease, RF positive diseases.
hypothyroidism can cause allot of muscle problems, eye twithching and generalized pain and fatigue. so can low vitamin D levels and vitamin B levels.
Fibromyalgia might be a better thing to look into with this generalized muscle pain and fatigue.

wish you hte best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
kingfisher610

thanks mike

Post by kingfisher610 »

hey mike thanks for the info!

will have to make yet another appointment to see the gp to get him to check on thyroid as well. Seems to me that he has given up on me, and is waiting for me to be released so that someone else can deal with this. Iritis is far more then he wants to deal with. I am just getting so frustrated and angry with feeling heathy and being told I am sick. Military way of thinking I guess, just want to suck it up and get on with it but I am not allowed. Going out of my mind and getting frustrated with the waiting. Perhaps time to see the social worker yet again, which Ironically makes me upset because I am following orders yet again.

Best wishes

Steve
just want my life back