Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Cleo

Post by Cleo »

Dear Admin, thanks for adding me!

Hi all, I'm new to this group. I'm female (47) & was diagnosed with anterior uveitis a week ago. I am using the drops & has helped reduce the pain in my eye. I feel like my world has been turned upside down. Yesterday my neck was very stiff, my back was a bit sore, the intense headache would not shift with painkillers & I couldn't lie on a pillow to sleep last night. I have an appointment tomorrow at my local hospital eye clinic. A bit of a struggle getting up for work today as I am so tired, never felt so tired (I went to bed at 6pm yesterday hoping this would help the headache go away & slept 10 hours or so) & even though the drops in my eye are helping, is it usual to have a stiff neck, sore back, headache & feel exhausted because of anterior uveitis? Many thanks, Cleo.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: New member

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

no it is not normal, viruses can cause this type of thing so get to the hospital right away. so can autoimmune disease processes which seem to hit some women at about your age.

wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz